Thursday, July 10, 2008

I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to KILL You by Ally Carter

Move over Nancy Drew and Charlie's Angels here come the Gallagher Girls. They are genius children of former master spies who are being trained to be master spies. They know 14 languages, how to hack into most computer systems, how to hang a zip line and many other skills useful for spying. But, since they are forbidden to leave the school grounds except rarely and since the school is all girls they are quite clueless about boys, what to wear to a fair, makeup and so on. So when a special ops gone wrong sends a group of girls to a fair and one is left alone and meets a boy - well she has a lot to learn. Okay so this is an improbable story, but so are the beloved Nancy Drew Stories and there's no harm in a little fun and in imagining what it might be like if things could be this way. I enjoyed this light story. I am looking forward to the next adventure.
JDW 7/10/08

No comments: